Friday, February 24, 2006

30 yrs. old

I turn 30 yrs. old today. I can't believe it! My twenties are officially over. I feel like an adult now. It's hard to believe that I have been married 61/2 years and have two children. Half of the time I still think I am 19. It's funny how my life seems to fly by. It is cool to see how much I have changed. I think God has done some major healing in my life in the last ten years. I am definitely not as fearful or overly sensitive as I was. I also think I love people a little better. It's also funny to think that I am also still the same person I was when I was nine years old. I still throw tantrums and live for the approval of those I love. I still like video games and basketball. I still dream about the future and what I will be and where I will live. It's cool to see how the story of my youth has great continuity with the story of my adulthood. I look forward to how my story will unfold in the next decade of my life as the Lord Jesus continues to make my story, his story.

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger jenna said...

Happy 30th birthday Jeff! It's cool to hear about the changes and healing God's been doing within you in the last 10 years. I love how birthdays can be such a time of reflecting on the past and of dreaming for the future. Have a wonderful day!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Nicole Seitler said...

I can relate. I'll be 30 in a few months...or weeks now! Sometimes I feel like I'm 20. And it's very odd to think back to being 10.

Life goes by fast, but on the other hand, it doesn't...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger michaelstevensrev said...

Happy Birthday!!! Morrissey though being civilly disobedient is happy for you too.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Doug Green said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff.
Sheesh. I always assumed you were already in your thirties. I figured you had to be at least 31, maybe 32, because you were so wise (In fact, you were so wise I also thought you came from Saga City).
I always treated you with respect. But now I'll have to venerate you.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Craig said...

Sorry I missed your birthday last week, old friend. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Earl said...

F

 

Post a Comment

<< Home